Community Support Worker - Casual
Position Membership: Union Membership (BCGEU)
Wage: Starting at $20.52 per hour plus 10.2% in Lieu of Benefits.
- Responsible for a range of services for people with developmental disabilities and/or mental illness and their families
- Supports individuals with personal care assistance and maintaining a standard that will ensure that they are seen positively by their friends, family and community
- Promote and maximize independence in the group residence, and community settings by providing opportunities for persons served to learn and practice new skills while developing their gifts, talents, qualities and abilities
- Assistance with all activities of daily living including but not limited to: bathing, community activities, medical appointments, providing meals, and following care plans as outlined by professionals
- Maintaining positive working relationships with all professionals involved in the care of the individuals
- Participate in the development, implementation and ongoing documentation of Person Centered Plans (PCPs)
- Minimum class 5 driver's license with commitment to obtain class 4 within 3-month probation period.
- Willing to obtain First Aid Community Care with CPR Level C (or higher)
- Willing to receive a TB Test (results must be negative)
- Physician's Health Reference (form provided by Vital Society)
- Preference given for Completion of CSW Program or relevant education or experience
- As this is a casual position we are looking for applicants who are available for morning, evening and/or overnight shifts. Casuals can receive up to full-time hours, if desired. Hours are highly dependent on how open an employee's availability is.
Once on our team Vitals offers employees continuing opportunities. We support employees extending into other programs, with the ability to explore various positions, including applying for internal postings for full-time positions.
*We are CARF Accredited and Licensed by Island Health
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Salary: $20.52 per hour